We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Choosing your next game

mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Well,how do you choose?
1: Just pick up a game in store because it's your favourite genre and the case has a cool looking design? (basically a lottery)
2: Buy all new games in your genre.(lottery)
3: Go by tv promo ads.(All fmv ,gloss and too short.(Well they're not going to make it look bad are they.)..Not so much a lottery.
4: Mag reviews..Most are biased to making games better than they are.More games bought,more mags sold.
5: Online review/preview...Getting there.Can still be biased.
6: Screen shots on line.Hmmm?
7: Word of mouth... More like it.
8: Game disscusion forums...Like it
9: click here... Multiple reviews of games taken from other sites.... like it too.
10: Gameplay video on the net...Oh yes
11: Game demo... Good if released in time or at all.
12: Just because it's a follow up to a fvourite game.
I think thats enough options.(didn't realise there were so many).
What i do is a combination of....Well you can see what i think.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

.....And the dogs like an early morning walk by the river when the foxes and other wildlife is about. I often take my camera's with me too.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Really sorry to hear that mate.It's made me feel rather sad now.
Back to work in about a month when i will be up at 4.45am sometimes as i do a rota. 2x 6-6 days,then 2x 6-6 nights followed by 4 days off.
Sometimes only get an hour before the first early due to my late night habits.)O:!
Nights...not even tired.
Used to go round the country roads in the summer on the way home for nights with my digital slr hunting the wildlife as well.
Had a merlin hovering not 15ft above my open sunroof when i pulled up once.Slowly got my camera,zoomed in really tightly,squeezed the shutter release just as it swooped off.)O:!

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

The trick is to alway's have the camera ready. I have 2 at the moment, a Fuji dslr and a samsung 8mg pixel compact.

If I want to get shot's of foxes and rabbits, I go out without the dogs! 2 Jack Russells is enough to scare off everything within view!

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I read the back to check if itll actually run on my 1600mhz desktop or similar spec laptop :( youll usually find me loitering in the budget (ie lower spec) section. lol. Having an 80+ review percentage on the front of the dvd case from a games mag usually helps, i would say thats a close second, but i never usually buy games without reading a couple of reviews first :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen