We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ghostbusters

babybell

Likes # 0

Read the previews for the 360 version in the latest Xbox mag, seems to have really good reviews and getting the original actors to do the voices of the characters and having one of them right the script was a good move.

This for me though could be one of those games that i spend a fortune on and end up dissapointed.

Anyone else planning on buying it?

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Had a look on youtube and found some gameplay videos.Looks as if it could be quite good fun although i'm not sure how much variety is involved.
Might be a case of waiting until nearer release day for more info.I tried googling for a proper review and couldn't find too much.
click here

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I guess it depends who is developing the game in the end, that may give an idea of the possible level of quality..? To be honest, why care, we want ghostbusters 3 the movie, with the original cast! I guess we may have to make do with an animated movie instead of the original ben stiller idea, with everyone on board minus bill murray. Possibly a good thing that that may never happen now! A full blown cartoon might work, although i probably wouldve preferred a manga variant! Even if they do use the original movie cast voices :) click here

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Might be possible to rent the game for a night, so you don't waste to much cash on it.

I reckon the game will be pretty awefull, most movie based games are.

Like this post
mad1234

Likes # 0

the original game for the commodore 64 was pretty naff. it was just catch a ghost then catch another then another etc & they were all slimer until the key master & the gate keeper randomly decided to go to the center of town then you had to kill the boss which was sooooo easy. it would be nice to think they could come up with a better version but unless it gets extremely good reviews then i won't be buying it.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I thought for the hardware, the c64 and speccy versions were pretty good-theyll have to come up with something pretty special to beat them. Lol. Modern games tend not to have as much variety or take as many chances as they did in the 8 bit era, so itll prob just end up as being yet another bog standard shooter.. albeit with a special 'activate trap' button! Actually, that could probably work on the wii, pressing the button, then having to move in a certain way to make sure the ghost falls into it. Lol, sounds like hard work B-)

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

I remember getting the C64 version, have been playing a retro remake of Ghostbusters recently.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement