We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Gaming tips,

wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Just wondered if any of you guys had any tips for playing games?

I dont mean for individual games but general tips that help you play.

Many gamers find that the W,A,S,D keys get used more than the others and this results in the letters fading off, one tip is to cut small squares of cellotape and place them over the keys to stop them wearing off.

When playing FPS games and your camped down somewhere and are about to attack another player/team/enemy then always make sure you weapons are fully reloaded and that you have chosen the best weapon for that enemy,

Theres nothing worse than reloading in the middle of a fire fight.

If your playing an online FPS game then get to know the map well before taking on an enemy, as you will always need to find a safe place to reload or find ammo,
Practice on the map beforehand and remember if you can see them then they can see you.

When playing a CTF game always send 2 people in for the flag as more often than not one of them will get taken out.

Your HUD is there for a reason dont switch it off or ignore it.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

Anyone used a Wolf King circular gaming keyboard click here? They regularly sell for half that price on Scan/Todayonly btw. A review click here. G

Like this post
acceptmyname

Likes # 0

Hey wolfie do you still play the origianl Halo on Pc now dude I am a avid Sniper no Shields fan and a founder member of the {A§§} Clan

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Yes i still play Halo, when i get the time.

Like this post
acceptmyname

Likes # 0

what is your ingame name if you don't mind me askin

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

My in game name is Wolfie.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Now that I simply could not cope with! Maybe that's why I stick to first person shooters...The controls are pretty much standard.

Wolfie posted a game pad device a while back, and I went to have a look at one....I'd be looking at the buttons all the time, and would be killed / crash as I was doing so.

I shall stick to my good old keyboard and mouse!

I remember when mice were a luxury and we only had keyboards!

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

You mean this crosstrainer.

click here

It can get a bit of getting used to but with time it becomes instinctive to use.

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

w,a,s,d for movment E for eqip/pickup Ctrl/c for crouch space for jump reload is R light is L. dont much matter about the rest as dont use em much

as for staragy billd lots of units and lots of defence then when the time comes wipe them out.

RPG tend to be the same no matter who plays them

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September