We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Gaming tips,

wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Just wondered if any of you guys had any tips for playing games?

I dont mean for individual games but general tips that help you play.

Many gamers find that the W,A,S,D keys get used more than the others and this results in the letters fading off, one tip is to cut small squares of cellotape and place them over the keys to stop them wearing off.

When playing FPS games and your camped down somewhere and are about to attack another player/team/enemy then always make sure you weapons are fully reloaded and that you have chosen the best weapon for that enemy,

Theres nothing worse than reloading in the middle of a fire fight.

If your playing an online FPS game then get to know the map well before taking on an enemy, as you will always need to find a safe place to reload or find ammo,
Practice on the map beforehand and remember if you can see them then they can see you.

When playing a CTF game always send 2 people in for the flag as more often than not one of them will get taken out.

Your HUD is there for a reason dont switch it off or ignore it.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Funnily enough, I always change the wasd config to the arrow key's.

Must remember the cellotape tip , as cheaper keyboards do tend to lose characters after a while.

This ols Microsoft one has been through loads of gaming, and has not faded a bit though!

Like this post
Earthsea

Likes # 0

My keys never fade either, but it's a Vaio so you'd expect that.

My tip is if you use a touchpad then give it a wipe with a cloth and wash your hands about once an hour. This prevents it from getting sticky and unresponsive, and feels a lot nicer using it. Worth wiping the keys too.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

I go with CT, and never use WASD.

One tip: don't drink (alcohol) and play - u get 'murdered'

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Reminds me of one night i was playing Halo with a few friends and one guy was so drunk he threw up over himself,

We heard him throw up over teamspeak and we had to abandon the game as everyone else on teamspeak was laughing so much.

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

WASD is better than arrows, you can have your right hand free on the mouse, plus there are many other keys handily next to WASD that can be put to good use.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

It's much the same really on arrows, I just move the kbd to the left, and all the keys I need are there, arrows, del, end, etc, and operate the mouse with rt hand. Horses for courses I suppose and what u get used to. Each to their own.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

I'm right handed but have the keyboard on the right and mouse on the left.Arrow keys for direction.
Even use the mouse with my left hand whilst surfing or on my pc at work.I find it easier with my left hand and awkward to use now with my right hand.
Am i normal? (O:!

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

just ambidextrous it would appear

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

"Each to their own"

Very true. I have just tried playing a game with arrows keys and it felt weird! Stick to what we both know best eh?

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

The most important playing rule is to have fun, and play with players that are better than you, if you get murdered you would have learn t something from it!!

Any Guys here play Half Life or Half Life 2 Deathmatch???

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded