We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

COD4

crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Just finished a session, great game, great graphics, but why am I playing 2 people? Perhaps all will become clear later.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Perhaps you're schizophrenic. (O:!
My son said he was fed up with FPS'S as they were all the same.Soon changed his mind when he played this though.As myself he was impressed with the realism of it all(not only graphics) and also the modern warfare aspect.
He and i loved it.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Yep, I agree, well into the game now! Those Damn dogs :((

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Great Game.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

I thought some of the missions seemed a little short in CoD4, but I agree that it's a rivetting game. Veteran status certainly was quite hard but I managed it through to the end. 'Died' many times though before completion!

I think I still prefer CoD2 though, and I was quite miffed when CoD3 went to consoles only. Fighting alongside the Russians in minus thirty degree Celsius conditions certainly concentrates the mind! :o)) TC.

Like this post
AllThumbs

Likes # 0

Don't ignore the multiplayer side of this game. I'll admit that the single player was the best I've experienced among the COD series, but it's the mp side of the game where things become intense.

If you like a fragfest then pick a crowded server (too crowded and it's basically team death match no matter what the gametype says it is). If you want some tactics though, pick a quiet server with just 3 or 4 aside.

Also, with the most recent 1.6 patch there were also released 4 new maps, and they're Very pretty.

I don't really feel that cod 4 relates much to cod2 or to cod1. The first cod was a game that required real skill to use the weapons accurately and though the graphics were kind of clunky it had a charm of its own. Cod2 was a totally different animal, not least because the skill factor dropped by a bucket load. Cod 4.....is very pretty, and great fun, but I'm not sure how much skill is actually required.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Don't think I'd play it online, have finished it now, are the new maps multiplayer only?

Like this post
bstb3

Likes # 0

Have to agree with allthumbs, I would have been done with COD4 about a week after buying it had it not been for the excellent multiplayer side of the game. I agree too its questionable how much skill is involved, the more people per map the less you need, particularly with some of the sillier perks available in multiplayer, such as Deep Impact (lets you shoot through walls) and allowing people 3 grenades. That said, a game of 5 a side requires much more skill.

The 4 new maps are only for the multiplayer and to be honest I havent been that impressed with them. The broadcast one (based in the same location as part of a early single player mission, the tv studio one) is pretty good as is Chinatown. The pretty Creek map is ridiculously one sided (just pick to play as Spetsnaz or face taking a hammering) and Killhouse, well, with the perks I mentioned above its pretty random rather than skill.

Great game though, the multiplayer is a different beast from the single player and worth a try. Steep learning curve to it but well worth it, even for someone like me with the reactions of a sloth.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room