We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A somewhat belated, but warm welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to our new gaming forum. Those of you who are gaming fans asked so nicely, and so often that we felt you deserved your reward. I'm sorry there was a rather puzzling revival of our earlier, 2002 Games room yesterday; it was a case of us getting carried away with enthusiasm, and one of us (probably me) pushed the wrong button.

Anyway, we're here now, in a brand new, shiny forum, so have fun, and don't forget to click on the link at the top of the page to see the downloads we've put together especially for you.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

FE have you ever considered trying a different genre of game?

There are many genres out there and im positive there's one that would suite you,

One game im trying out at the moment is Trackmania nations forever,

click here

Its free on steam and well worth getting, iv been playing it for a little while now and its just so addictive to play and simple too.

Maybe worth a look.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Do you ever actually buy a game? Lol
Mind you,it's seems you've managed to sniff out a bit of a gem(and free).
Reviews give it between 8.2 and 9 out of ten.
click here
You are indeed a true gaming bloodhound.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Try the instrument flight across the English channel to France VOR to VOR, no point in looking out of the window as you are flying solely on your instruments.

It's a very good way of getting used to them, and as it's a smaller aircraft, a lot easier than a 747.

Pretend there are no windows and concentrate on flying the correct heading and maintaining your altitude.

You WILL see the runway at your journeys' end.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll probably try a few different games when I get time. Fortunately I have a son who is pretty clued up on games, and I can take my pick from his collection.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Mr woohoo,

Yes i do buy games, but its getting rarer.
Theres many free games on the internet that many dont know about.

Some of them in my opinion are better than some of the retail games that come out,
Its just a matter of becoming involved in the gamimg community.

I cant take credit for finding trackmania though, its another forum member that told me about it (Bob the nob).

On a different note i have a new Tomb raider mod coming out in a few days so keep an eye out for it,
I will upload it to my Filefront page.
click here

It will be for Tomb raider Legend.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

Happy days!!!! I aint been on the site in a while...... or near a pc for that matter so its good to see we got what we were askign for.

Thanks FE for listening to are peasently crys for you to put in place are forum :).

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You're very welcome my good man - go round to the kitchens and ask cook to give you a crust of bread.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

It has been a while since you posted re Flight Sim. As an irregular player who forgets much in between sessions I just wondered how you now see it -and if you have become proficient at say, Intermediate level? Just curious , that's all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...