We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A somewhat belated, but warm welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to our new gaming forum. Those of you who are gaming fans asked so nicely, and so often that we felt you deserved your reward. I'm sorry there was a rather puzzling revival of our earlier, 2002 Games room yesterday; it was a case of us getting carried away with enthusiasm, and one of us (probably me) pushed the wrong button.

Anyway, we're here now, in a brand new, shiny forum, so have fun, and don't forget to click on the link at the top of the page to see the downloads we've put together especially for you.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank you. A joystick it will be, but which one? There are an awful lot of them out there, and I want a good one.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Just found this except from a FSX review.
"You may scoff at using a joypad rather than a dedicated joystick, but the ability to use the right-thumbstick to look around really does aid special awareness and I've founding my landings improved immeasurably".
So it's just me thats useless then.LoL
click here

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Some recommendations here.
click here
Just take a look at the two images of the x52 and x52 pro.
OMG!. Now they will make me very jealous indeed.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

I have GOT to disagree with mrwoowoo on this this is what you really need:

click here

All this kit is UK available. You might want the yoke on it's own for starters, but you can add the pedals later if you wish.

It is the ONLY way to make it a Simulation as opposed to a game. Browse the sight...It's amazing what you can get.

Like this post
rossgolf

Likes # 0

maybe make it an article in the magazine...comparing different Joysticks etc....at least u mite beable to play flight sim then lol

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

ONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all at PCA for this new forum and you you FE, this is the best news iv have for ages a games forum WOOHOO!!!!!!

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

thanks FE and the guys from PCA

though i wont be able to put much input in for a while

alas i will be stuck on dial up for about 4 weeks

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You waited patiently for a long time, and I hope you enjoy the new forum.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Thanks again FE and yes i am beside myself with joy at this new section of the forum.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

The Logitech Extreme3D Pro is worth a try. I have used mine for a year now and no problems. With FSX it lets you get started with some early success on the simpler flying tasks-and is easily button programmable when you get into the hard stuff. Be sure and download update 1 from the MS FSX website but suggest you don't go further on download updates as I have found the next one a bit disruptive. Good luck!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite