We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Shooting game or F1

The Brigadier

Likes # 0

After either a shooting game or F1 driving game.
Dont want lots of things locked until i reach a certain level etc! Got to be easy & fun for a beginner.

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

Which console? You would be surprised how much games differ between platforms.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

For your PC? If so, you can download demos of current games from the software vendor's sites, and I will post a few links in a moment.

I'm not well up on driving games, the last one I played was Grand Prix 4 but IMO, you do have to have a proper driving wheel and pedals to play them properly. I have a set in a cupboard somewhere gathering dust. So I think you might be frustrated and a tad disappointed with them.

First person shooters however, are easy to play with a keyboard and mouse, and will now post a few links to demo versions of a few of my recent favorites:

click here

And:

click here

click here

These will allow you to try before you spend £££ on a game you don't like.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Should have mentioned that Crysis and FEAR do require a pretty high spec machine to play properly.

Like this post
RickyC :-)

Likes # 0

Excellent FPS for Windows, Mac and Linux... click here for the download. It's free, and online or single-user.

regards

Richard

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

Doom, old but still fun.

Like this post
Acx

Likes # 0

is about as easy as FPS's get, if you haven't played it yet.
click here

But be aware

Halo CE:- Windows 98 / NT / Me / XP /
Halo 2:- Windows Vista (Only)

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

There are a few Free games that fit the bill here,

Racing Games,
click here

click here

click here

FPS games,
click here

click here

click here

Hope this helps.

Like this post
darkreign

Likes # 0

Must say that i've recently got into FPS games(thanks to the wii) and am now looking for better ones. Having bought the wii and RE4 (the only game ever i've spent so much time on) i'm now a little disgruntled because of the lack of decen't fps games. Now eagarly awaiting Alone in the Dark.

Bought Far Cry for the pc but it keeps freezing, so got it on the wii, and yep it's simple but i enjoy it.

Will check out the free demos for the pc.

Regards
D

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

if you want online racing, Project Torque is a good freebie, click here

i've been playing for several weeks, loads of tracks and cars and players.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer