We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Just Been To Tesco's

crosstrainer

Likes # 0

And the selection of games is poor at the moment....You know things are bad when "Deal or no deal" Is half way up the charts! (got a copy myself for the occasional minor gambling session with mates)

But...It's hardly cutting edge. Seem to be far more console offerings, including a large Atari section.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Tescos isnt really the best place to look for games,
99% of my game purchases are from Amazon, there prices are the cheapest around,

The only drawback is waiting for them to be delivered.

I sometimes pop into Game and see what they offer,
I think Tesco carry more family oriented games like games based on quiz shows and so on,
If you after the latest shooter or adventure games for a pc then places like Game or HMV are a good bet but they are alot more expensive.

For me Amazon is the best place for games due to there prices and the fact they have every game imaginable.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Picked up Frontlines fuel of war (pc), from Tesco for £15.00 the other day.Bargain!
Didn't purchase at time of release as wasn't sure if it would be worth full price.
Actually it's really good.A bit different to usual FPS war games with drones(flown or driven)that you can send in remotely to gun down or blow up the enemy.
A hidden gem.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Alone in the dark :)

Like this post
belfman

Likes # 0

Alone in the Dark or Narnia Prince Caspian?

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Yep, I remember, I had one! My Tesco's is one of those Supersize stores, and they keep the top 50 PC and console games in stock....Nothing there worth mentioning until June 20th.

Like this post
Earthsea

Likes # 0

My Co-op used to sell some PC and PS2/3 games, conveniently located on a shelf next to the 'I'm standing in a long queue' part of the shop, alongside the soppy romantic novels.

It's only PS2/3 and soppy books now. Shame, because they used to have some good PC titles.

Like this post
micky d

Likes # 0

I see crosstrainer. I didn't know that, i thought you were refering to the Atari console..........you know the one..........clunk a book sized cartridge into the top of the console only to be met with a 100 different versions of space invaders or pacman.

I mean, invisible space invaders for gawds sake!

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

The Atari games are for the Wii!

Like this post
belfman

Likes # 0

ROFL!

Crosstrainer
It's basically what sells - mums in doing their shopping, kids scream they want a game. You can bet it's not PC gaming rigs they are playing on.

The last big game releases haven't came onto PC yet either... a guy in a game store told me it's the quiet season too.

Like this post
micky d

Likes # 0

Atari?!!

Where's your Tescos situated, in the 1980s?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback