We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Assassins creed

mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Anyone wanting a change from their usual FPS with mouse/keyboard combination should look no further than Assassins creed.Only gamepad owners need apply i fear.
Graphics are very good. On the whole,slightly better than the PS3 version (my sons) as the colours are more vibrant.
No bugs seem evident at all and have noticed not one instance of slowdown.No bugs or slowdown?..Now that's unusual,no crashes either.
This initially with a lowly Nvidia 8600gt,although i have since upgraded.
My son thought it was excellent at first though "it got a bit boring halfway through".
Mainly because of the walking around trying not to arouse suspicion.The best cure for this is to start a fight deliberately for a bit of action or run to where you are going and then hide or lose your pursuers.You can play it how you like.
The fighting moves you earn are executed really well and the cut/death scenes are great.
Overall gameplay is top notch and very smooth.
Highly enjoyable,though only my opinion.
8/10
Minimum requirements
Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series
Mine
CPU Q6600 2.4ghz
ram 4gb DDR2
GPU Nvidia 9600GT

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

I didn't want to say that in case i got told off.LoL.
Already had a long thread arguing whether a no cd/dvd exe is illegal or not.Apparently,even if you own the original it's still infringing copyright as it alters the original software.
click here
Bit over the top in my opinion,but there you are.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

just read ur thread after i posted, hence my apols entry. I was under the impression they were legal, but I might be mistaken :-O

Self considers wrist slapped.

Like this post
Boghound

Likes # 0

I've run a couple of the aforementioned patches but they don't seem to work that well....Sod the copyright...I paid for it...It goes into a machine I own...I'll do what the Hell I like with it....Come the Revolution!!!!

Like this post
project 90

Likes # 0

totally not true i play the game fine with keyboard n mouse just took a bit more getting used to the controls at 1st but binded more buttons to my mouse and it was easy.
the game itself is great fun for the 1st hour after that it very repeatative.
but still good to go back to and do a bit more and see what happens next

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

I have to agree project 90 it works fine with a keyboard and mouse.

Quite enjoying the game at the moment, runs well on my system with every option set to full in DX10.

Like this post
gazzaho

Likes # 0

I can't comment on the game on PC as I don't own a system capable of running most modern games at the moment, hopefully that will change in the next week as I'm waiting on a new system arriving. I do however own it on PS3 and to be honest I stopped playing shortly before finishing it as I got bored, I found it way too repeatable, every mission was the same the controls were great for a joypad, don't know how well they would transfer to a mouse though. I should add it wasn't the most stable game on the PS3 either, it crashed at least 3 times on me while playing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad