We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Assassins creed

mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Anyone wanting a change from their usual FPS with mouse/keyboard combination should look no further than Assassins creed.Only gamepad owners need apply i fear.
Graphics are very good. On the whole,slightly better than the PS3 version (my sons) as the colours are more vibrant.
No bugs seem evident at all and have noticed not one instance of slowdown.No bugs or slowdown?..Now that's unusual,no crashes either.
This initially with a lowly Nvidia 8600gt,although i have since upgraded.
My son thought it was excellent at first though "it got a bit boring halfway through".
Mainly because of the walking around trying not to arouse suspicion.The best cure for this is to start a fight deliberately for a bit of action or run to where you are going and then hide or lose your pursuers.You can play it how you like.
The fighting moves you earn are executed really well and the cut/death scenes are great.
Overall gameplay is top notch and very smooth.
Highly enjoyable,though only my opinion.
8/10
Minimum requirements
Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series
Mine
CPU Q6600 2.4ghz
ram 4gb DDR2
GPU Nvidia 9600GT

Like this post
citadel

Likes # 0

there is a great video over at youtube, black sabbath [ronnie james] sign of the southern cross, from ccc119

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

my friend had AC and says he can't get past the training bit where he has to walk thru a crowd and gently push ppl aside without them dropping water jugs or something?

I think he's losing his rag with it.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

I remember struggling with that..
I think you have to make sure you keep the blend button (3) depressed (bottom off pad) while you push (4)(right hand button )as you walk.
Once training is done the controls are very fluid and easy to use.
A good tip is that if you are fighting and getting over whelmed just press L1 to unlock from your enemy so you can run to recharge health.

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

I did the test from the website of the game developers to see if I could run it and as I suspected my processor is the bottleneck, a lowely (for games) AMD 3500+.
Time for an upgrade methinks.

Like this post
Boghound

Likes # 0

Is there a way of running this without keep inserting disc....I tried ripping the disc with DVDfab but it keeps asking to insert disc when it's already in.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Is it an original disc or a downloaded p2p?
If you have any virtual drives,disable them as this is what the disc protection will see.Also disable any iso programmes you have.
If you autoplay the disc and launch the game from there, sometimes it works.
Or once the disc is inserted and you get the error go to my computer> programme files > drive c(if thats your hard drive)>programme files> ubisoft and explore the game folder and launch it from there using the exe file.(looks like the shortcut)
If no luck post back again.

Like this post
Boghound

Likes # 0

It's an original disc but a copied it using DVDfab..It's the copy that keeps asking me to insert the disc...It just annoys me having to keep inserting a disk to kick the game off...I did the copy as a back-up but not much good if will not run it....I thought DVDfab might strip out the "disc protection" but it didn't.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

There is a way, but as the copied disc needs the same fix to run it as a pirated game i don't think it would go down well if the answer was supplied on this forum.
Not saying that you are doing anything wrong, as i like to run my games without the disc in place so as to keep it nice and shiney.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

might be worth trying to see if there's a legal no-cd/no dvd patch. Seem to remember gameburnworld/gamecopyworld or some such.click here

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

mighta boobood. apols.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...