We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Grid

belfman

Likes # 0

Is it just me or is the handling all wrong?
and the graphics look like one of those lego games! I thought CodeMasters would have produced a great game (they've been making games since Commodore 64 days) but it was more hype than substance.

Tried both PC demo and 360 full game, traded it in for a £25.00 voucher.

I'll stick to PGR3, didn't like PGR4 either!

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Tried the pc demo and the graphics are about the best iv'e ever seen in a racing game.
Wonder why the difference between us regarding gpaphics? Had the resolution at 1440x900 and all on max.
Agree with the handling.One slight feather touch/tap and it's off into the wall.
Tried all the settings for sensitivity and it either doesn't respond or is way too sensitive.
Maybe it's just the demo as it's not the finished article.
Hopefully someone with the game can enlighten us.

Like this post
belfman

Likes # 0

The graphics didn't feel right. They look 3D with super detail on the car but no realism - the people looked like lego men as well.

Car was very over sensitive on both the 360 and PC.

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

But if a car is really tricky to drive, isn't that just part of the leaning experience? ;-)
(seriously though, I do know what you mean, but I thought it was just my c**p driving skills)

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Just installed the demo. Updated my steering wheel software to make it work and went through all the settings, including turning up the quality settings to max, running at 1680x1050.

Why did I bother I found myself thinking before uninstalling it again. Car handling is slow, then it suddenly lets go. Steering feedback? Well it feels like driving a car with a rubber steering column! Sound is very poor, like a motorway services racing simulator from ten years ago. Graphics are dismall and thats being charitable. It is now uninstalled, never to return.

BTW, my benchmark is GTR2, vastly superior in every respect.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

I tried the demo. (360), and I quite liked the racing bits, but hated the 'drift' sequence with a passion. The demo. was dated last year, though, so maybe the game proper is better? Or not. Won't be buying it, anyway.

Agree that PGR3 is really good, and it's only a fiver.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes