We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's ur top 3 games??

Marko797

Likes # 0

Just thought I'd start off a new thread and get ppl to let us all know what (in their humble opinions) are best games.

On older games I would say:

Project IGI - yes the one with 'no save'
Deus Ex - both 1 & 2
Halflife

Newer games:

FEAR
MOH series
Halflife 2 and its Episodes

Like this post
AllThumbs

Likes # 0

Another oldie then, Freespace 2

( a space sim game that had vast battles in which you made darn sure you steered clear of the capital ships lest you got swatted like the flyboy you were).

Half Life 2 (and you must pardon me if I add in the fantastic add on Garry's Mod)

and the original Unreal Tournament but mostly loved for the fantastic add on voice and skin packs. Nothing beats Elmur Fudd "Be wary quiet, I'm huntin' wabbits" just before you frag someone.

Like this post
morgueman

Likes # 0

Hey skeletal, i use to play Elite to, but i always ended up crashing into the space station when trying to dock! so i use to just shoot everyone in sight, but would then get blown to bits when the cops came after me!

Like this post
morgueman

Likes # 0

My very first game ever was tennis on the ZX Spectrum! On the pc it was Doom.

Best online games:
COD4
Counter Strike
Crysis

Best Games:
All the Doom's
Quake's
stalker

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

My all time favorites are from the C64 (Last Ninja 1&2, Paradroid, Ultima III).

For the PC I'd say.

TES4: Oblivion
Planescape Torment
Half Life

Cannon Fodder 2 was also great

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

I'm useless at computer games but persevered to higher levels with Civilization (version 2) many years ago.

But I have just bought a Wii and am rather good at bowling...

Like this post
harps1h

Likes # 0

you have no soul to place me with that sentence! LOL

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

That's "Robotron", not "Robotoron"!

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

skeletal. I listed Robotoron 2084 as my second favouite. It's an arcade game from 1982. I did get to play a few games of it back in the day, but I only really got to play it for an extended period in 1996 (emulated on Playstation). Now I have it emulated on my PC, and I love it! I'll never tire of playing it.

Some games are worth revisiting.

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

Total Annihilation
Planescape Torment
Quake

Like this post
skeletal

Likes # 0

BBC: Elite (surely the best game ever?)
BBC: Revs
PC: The X series

You must also relate to the times in which the games were played. I recently tried a PC simulation of Elite and did not like it at all (far too long flying about doing nothing; modern games tend to have action quickly).

Perhaps all good things from the past should never be revisited?!

Skeletal

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone