We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's ur top 3 games??

Marko797

Likes # 0

Just thought I'd start off a new thread and get ppl to let us all know what (in their humble opinions) are best games.

On older games I would say:

Project IGI - yes the one with 'no save'
Deus Ex - both 1 & 2
Halflife

Newer games:

FEAR
MOH series
Halflife 2 and its Episodes

Like this post
AndySD

Likes # 0

Well my three are...

Oblivion

Two Worlds

Sacred

Like this post
White_Elephant

Likes # 0

AOE - conquerors
Battlefield 1942
Red Orchestra - Ostfront

Like this post
handful

Likes # 0

Game favorites would for me would be
Toejam and Earl on the megadrive (whoever wrote this game was on drugs but I loved it)
Tomb Raider (the first was amazing at the time)
Dungeon Keeper, (I'm amazed nobody has mentioned this one....all time classic for me, great soundtrack)

More recent games (just)
Soldier of Fortune
COD4
GTA

Like this post
nosharpe

Likes # 0

The original Warcraft released in '94 and Syndicate 93/94 as well as Capitalism 2 (1997) were my first games played on a DX2 66. Think I had 4mb RAM. Gfx cards weren't invented yet. Think I had a Pentium 166 by 1997.

More recent releases I enjoyed would be
Counterstrike
Age of Empires series
Industry Tycoon 2

Like this post
harps1h

Likes # 0

would like to add a further game from my previus post. it is trackmania nations forever. it is free and very addictive! go to click here you will need to take the steam download first then the game

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

true it has taken a long long time to get this far but i think thats because the designers know its a good game (well they are qiut full of it to make us wait this long any way), Duke Nukeums always been a fun game though so i hope its gana live up to its predisersors ps sos for the late responce been bissy

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

"2 Duke Nukeum (all including the new one that ant even out yet)" [sic]
Ah,an eternal optimist.
It's taken them about 11 years to produce a short trailer.At this rate i'll be picking up my pension before it's released,and by then i won't even care.

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

Coltch your revering to games on both systems are you not. yes I know exactley what you meen pc versions allways work better then the console version.

1 Age of conan HA (now Adicted to it)
2 Duke Nukeum (all including the new one that ant even out yet)
3 Forgoten Realms Icewind dale 2 (RPG)

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

I've been gaming since the early eighties so have fond memories of both the 8-bit and 16-bit eras.

Some of the best games produced were for the C64/Spectrum/Amiga/ST (not forgetting Elite on the BBC!).

Although I have a fairly powerful system, alot of the time it's running CCS64 or WinUAE plus DOSBox for some of those PC games that refuse to run in XP/Vista.

There are some very good games out at the moment, but (and I'm going to get lynched for this) they seem to be dumbed down for the console junkies.

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

Likewise, at 26, it's been a life-time of dedicated gaming... Not sure all games were great back then (Rise of the Robots springs up first, followed by a horde of other badly conceived ventures), but there did seem to be much more variety than we currently have.

But then, rose-tinted spectacles - you just don't realise how good you have it! Put aside the graphics and still games like Battlefield 1942 allow you the kind of freedom to do what you want that games of yore could only dream about. Sure, we all bemoan the death of the original game concepts that were so abundant back then, but... just HOW many shoot-em ups were there?

Did my research - Syndicate (click here) 1993, Sensible World of Soccer (click here) 1994 - so a close call, but in among that great gaming period that also saw the likes of The Chaos Engine released.

Still love older games, have just recently tempered this with the fact that my memory has given the past a much nicer perspective than it should have - perhaps to do with all the free time I had back in the days of my youth.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)