We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's ur top 3 games??

Marko797

Likes # 0

Just thought I'd start off a new thread and get ppl to let us all know what (in their humble opinions) are best games.

On older games I would say:

Project IGI - yes the one with 'no save'
Deus Ex - both 1 & 2
Halflife

Newer games:

FEAR
MOH series
Halflife 2 and its Episodes

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

Really old:

1. Storm Swiv (Amiga)
2. Speedball 2
3. Sensi World of Soccer

Old

1. Oridginal C & C
2. Syndicate
3. Doom

Current

1. Football Manager 2008
2. Company or Heroes
3. COD4

I could go on and on. :)

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

donki is that CoH or CoH AF also the only Syndicate game I know of was Syndicate wars third persion shouter lots of killin and lots of distruction :)

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

I still have Syndicate & American Revolt on CD. Syndicate Wars was also good.

donki,

Good choice with Speedball 2 on the Amiga.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

There was an oridginal syndicate, i think wars was the second in the series, I luved the oridgianal on thou. Google it, I used to be sooooo obsessed with it.

Coltch
I know speedball 2, was amazing! I was really excited with the prospect of the new PC version..... how disappointed i was, I only did try the demo thou. Just goes to show the some of the older games and the way they were programed beats all the new technology and highly paid programers of today!

I could have done a

Really, Really old:

1. KickStart 1 & 2
2. Buggy boy
3. Head over Heels

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

Sorri for seperate post.

I have COH and the expansion to be honest I play mostly online, I think its up there with one of the greatest RTS's ever, the stragey and different tatics that can be employed is excellent. Do u play online yourself?

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

Speedball 2 and SWOS are the main reasons I have a 360 - buying next generation consoles to play previous generations games? Made perfect sense to me!

Syndicate would be from the same time as Sensible World of Soccer though - so you clearly like more 'really old' games than you admit too - top class game though.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

I can honestly say I probably do like the older games, I think that the majority of games back then were good, unlike now where the marjority are pooh. All the jaw dropping graphics and effects can never make up for gameplay, alot of the games today are all skirt and no.......

Its not like I am a relic I am only 26 but been gaming for a long time :).

I had SWOS for the amiga long before synidicate.... i think.

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

yes I do have COH myself but havent played online with it yet (haven't download patch yet) playin COD4, age of conan HA and Guild wars at mo but will start playin dawn of war online at some point, also lookin to see if anyone still plays the origenal UT over net. also gota reinstall battlefield 1942 and get warcraft online and LOTR online this weekend

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

older game may look rubish by todays standered of grapics bt the gameplay and stroy line more then made up for it.

in AOE 1 & 2 they followed real battles with real heros where as number 3 didn't and I think everyones agreed that 1 & 2 are in a higher league then number 3

C&C1 and C&C RA1 are by far two of the hardist strategy games to be invented (still to this day I can not finish C&C1) were as RA2, generals and tiberium wars were easy (finished generals in a day on hardist level without tryin)

and it you think about UT3 compaired to UT less blood, fewer weapons, ammo limit, rubish pistol weapon, and rubish Redeamer Design

all looks no substance in a lot of moden games

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

Likewise, at 26, it's been a life-time of dedicated gaming... Not sure all games were great back then (Rise of the Robots springs up first, followed by a horde of other badly conceived ventures), but there did seem to be much more variety than we currently have.

But then, rose-tinted spectacles - you just don't realise how good you have it! Put aside the graphics and still games like Battlefield 1942 allow you the kind of freedom to do what you want that games of yore could only dream about. Sure, we all bemoan the death of the original game concepts that were so abundant back then, but... just HOW many shoot-em ups were there?

Did my research - Syndicate (click here) 1993, Sensible World of Soccer (click here) 1994 - so a close call, but in among that great gaming period that also saw the likes of The Chaos Engine released.

Still love older games, have just recently tempered this with the fact that my memory has given the past a much nicer perspective than it should have - perhaps to do with all the free time I had back in the days of my youth.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback