We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's ur top 3 games??

Marko797

Likes # 0

Just thought I'd start off a new thread and get ppl to let us all know what (in their humble opinions) are best games.

On older games I would say:

Project IGI - yes the one with 'no save'
Deus Ex - both 1 & 2
Halflife

Newer games:

FEAR
MOH series
Halflife 2 and its Episodes

Like this post
Scorpion Bay

Likes # 0

Yeah, it's more of a conclusion than a really good game. Mind you, I still play through it all several times a year; I can't think of a more immersive game, especially considering there's no speech at all.

As far as PC games are concerned, the top three are:
1) Unreal and RTNP
2) Portal
3) Half Life 2 and the episodes (or the whole series if Marko will allow me that!)

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

yes, if it's halflife u can have them all, so long as u don't forget the spin offs (Blue Shift/Opposing Forces) - I'm a huge halflife fan!

No ur not the only one who played the original Unreal, it did get an earlier mention if u go thru the threads. I played it too, and really enjoyed it.

On Portal, I've played some of this, but couldn't work out if I was going thru training before the game actually started. Is it all about solving puzzles which get increasingly difficult as you progress, or do we ever get to any 'action'??

On 'immersiveness', did u ever play Diablo2? Man, that was the most addictive/immersive.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

Bit of a FPS nut myself, but have only ever played some of the the older games.

My top 3 are:

1. Far Cry
2. Deus Ex
3. FEAR

----------------------------------------------

Three I'd like to play - when I have the system to run them comfortably, prices have dropped drastically & I have the time & inclination to get immersed/addicted ;-):

1. Crysis
2. COD4
3. Half-Life 2 (should play OK on present system)

G

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Marko- not that old!!! I may have had an 8 bit computer (sinclair spectrum with a whopping 128k of memory) but i had only just turned 10 at the time.. i have still to hit the big 30! couple of yrs left :) lol. I must admit i hardly play anything nowadays unless its emulated on my pc. Not that im stuck playing spectrum games all day on my windows computer, honest! My pc is from 2002 so cant run that much in the way of modern games-even with a gfx card it can just about manage gta san andreas and far cry.. but little else!! Currently playing mafia on the pc, from 2002. It (eventually) runs, so im happy! :)

Like this post
gartoy

Likes # 0

1. Battlefield 2142

2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R

3. Half -Life 2

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

On any system?

1) Quake 3 Arena (PC)

2) Robotron 2084 (Arcade)

3) Unreal Tournament 1999 (PC)

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

Not guilty ur 'onour, I think it was harps who did the age thing...

Like this post
harps1h

Likes # 0

gulity as charged! whats my sentence?

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Lol! your sentence is a lifetime of click here

Like this post
skeletal

Likes # 0

BBC: Elite (surely the best game ever?)
BBC: Revs
PC: The X series

You must also relate to the times in which the games were played. I recently tried a PC simulation of Elite and did not like it at all (far too long flying about doing nothing; modern games tend to have action quickly).

Perhaps all good things from the past should never be revisited?!

Skeletal

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...