We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's ur top 3 games??

Marko797

Likes # 0

Just thought I'd start off a new thread and get ppl to let us all know what (in their humble opinions) are best games.

On older games I would say:

Project IGI - yes the one with 'no save'
Deus Ex - both 1 & 2
Halflife

Newer games:

FEAR
MOH series
Halflife 2 and its Episodes

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

1 Original Doom...Yep I was there when networks all over the place crashed or were slowed to a crawl by the most innovative game we had ever seen (look at it now!)

2 Max Payne 1 and 2 (Shame no 3)

3 FEAR and Crysis (can't separate them yet, but both have sequels soon)

Like this post
Earthsea

Likes # 0

In no particular order:

Civilization on the Amiga is the most addictive game I've ever played. I would often have 'just one more go' into the early hours of the morning.

Unreal was the first game I played on a PC and it blew my socks off. I'd been used to the aforementioned Amiga games before that.

Half-Life 2 was the first game I played on my laptop and had a similar effect on me to Unreal.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

played Doom, it was before the time I was playing games. I was a staunch 'I'll never have a game on my PC' chap at the time. How things change.

I vaguely remember playing Max Payne 1 but don't think I actually finished it. Novel idea at the time was the bullet slo-mo I seem to recall which has been replicated in quite a few other games?

Def with you on your third selection.

BUT, I have committed a cardinal sin - forgot Far Cry!!

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

very old games

Tombraider
Resident evil
Max payne

Old games

Far cry
Mafia
Doom 3

New games

COD 4
Bioshock
Stranglehold
If you are struggling,here are the top pc games of all time.Not that i agree with it though.
click here

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Thing about Doom was, we had NEVER seen anything like it....everyone was rushing around to upgrade to the required 8mb (yep that's 8mb) of ram, and a 1mb graphics card to run it.

A DX cpu was also needed (maths co-processor) Much money was spent....I built a DX4 100 (100mhz!) machine with a Cirus Logic graphics card (Old EISA interface)

Oh dear, fear I'm really showing my age now.

That game started it all!

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Argh..Forgor Half life 2 and it's episodes.
Top all time games.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

that takes me back.

With u Earthsea on the 3rd choice, and I also liked ur 2nd. Memory deserted me again.

Didn't go much for the Unreal Tournament ones though, they were a bit too fast and furious for me, a bit like Quake. To play them well, I think u had to be on average aged 10-15 with all the mental and finger agility which they have. I'm way past it!

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Oops, forgot Quake, can we have a top five?

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

top 3 only

Here's another link to the Top 100 PC Games, which might be different to the one posed by mr woowoo. U can scroll down on this one though.

click here

Like this post
Earthsea

Likes # 0

The trouble with a thread like this is as soon as you post you suddenly remember other brilliant games you've played! I'll stick with my 3 though, but I am playing Tomb Raider Legend at the moment, which is rather brilliant.

I'm fighting the water monster on the England level but haven't sussed it yet. (Don't tell me!)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'