We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Games Room 2008

Marko797

Likes # 0

Thanks PCA for the new 'room'.

Just hope we can get some of the older threads cleared.

Here's hoping it all goes well :)

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

i have it but not loaded yet. I, and I suspect quite a few, wud be interested in what u have to say on the game.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Not sure there would be much interest.Most on here are FPS fans it seems.
Mind you,at least you would be (O:!

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

maybe u cud start a new thread of AC and give us the low-down on it? grafs, system requirements, how it runs, ur thoughts, user friendliness etc etc? Just a thought.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

& meant to mention the steady, but sure, migration of games related threads. Pleased it's happening however, and makes a lot of sense, but wouldn't like the job myself.
Cheers PCA-migration-dude, appreciated.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Some poor sod at PCA towers has drawn a very short straw!

Slowly, one at a time, recent games related post's are appearing here. They have today's latest date stamp, but no new post's on them.

The database is slowly gathering games related threads and plonking them here.

Wonder who got that job? ;))

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Playing Assassins creed at the mo and like you do tend to go for FPS first.
It makes a change to get out the game pad and it's not a bad game at all.Could say it's a bit repeditive and frustrating when you are being chased.(lost my temper a few times)
Good graphics though and i'm enjoying it,so it can't be bad.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

I actually got bored with Area 51 - unbelievable to some ppl I know. It just seemed to go on and on.

Apparently, the new one is called Blacksite or something, and it's a massive game, about 10 Gb or so. Not played it however. Reviews not too kind.

Similarly with Prey. Efects were good and grafs, but the story was so limp, I had to uninstall.

Tried TR once, but like u just couldn't stand using keybd to play, so gave it up.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Got all FEAR episodes, and still play them now. I great game. Max Payne another fave, although very old now, I have coaxed Vista into playing it. I keep a SLI dual core rig with XP Pro for games that won't run under Vista. It's for work as well really, since I am still off with the DVT.

Area 51, now that's another one I found hard....Might have another crack at that. Tomb raider Anniversary...Too complicated to play with a keyboard and mouse, so could only get about a quarter of the way through it.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

I have AC, but not loaded it yet. All reviews are good however, seems a top game.

Similarly, some folks raved about Oblivion (& the expansion), but never got to try it myself.

I prefer FPS-types; FEAR, Halflife, COD etc, but like to occasionally try something new, especially if it has rave reviews.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

No, but many seem to reccommend it. I bought Oblivion, and the shivering isles expansion pack (still shrink wrapped) just couldn't get on with all that "Making freinds with people" to get them on your side.

Isn't Assasins Creed a bit like that?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia