We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Games Room 2008

Marko797

Likes # 0

Thanks PCA for the new 'room'.

Just hope we can get some of the older threads cleared.

Here's hoping it all goes well :)

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

I agree....This is like a walk down memory lane! Some of these post's could bring a tear to your eye :))

Nostalgia eh?

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

It's a quiet time of year for new releases, but my most recent acquisition is COD4 (I know it's a bit old) And Crysis which I have completed.

Looking down the list of some of the 2003 / 02 offerings shows how far the hardware and games industries have developed in a relatively short time.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

some of my faves from the past include:

Deus Ex
Deus Ex 2
Halflife (original of course)

Then:

Halflife 2 plus all the Episodes
SiN Emergence

More recently:

Crysis
COD-MW
MOH-Airborne

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

the legendary Far Cry.

Apparently FC 2 is out this year but not sure when.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

I think, in 2003, I was still running a 3dfx voodoo card...my, how things have moved on!

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Have only just started COD4, but was a little confused at first. Ok, on the ship, get the file, make jump to the helo....Fine.

Then ( Because I could use the mouse to look around) I thought I'd been taken prisoner in the Middle East. Then dragged out of the car and gunshot to the head :) Eh? I thought I'D been killed lol.

Cut scene should really not allow you to look around....Becomes obvious at the nest point when rescuing the hostage starts!

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

only recently started on COD-MW since I got the new grafs card (3850), so am only at level 1, but have been distracted with other 'non-games' things lately.

To be honest, I tried the demo, and got stuck when he was telling me to "get to the 2nd floor and take out those tanks". I've since loaded the full game and now past this particular point.

Sounds as if ur ahead of me.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Different games :)) I'm playing COD 4 lol...(that way I will alway's be ahead of you) I've only just started it as well.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

CT - COD4 is COD-MW, n'est ce pas?

click here

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Doh:))) yep same game.....I'm not much ahead of you...best way to take out the tanks is to.... nah, that would be telling!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September