We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Alone in the dark (pc game) ( june 20th)

mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Game play video
click here=
Tech demo:fire
click here
Since rdave13 has got me awaiting Far cry 2 with baited breath,this will more than do in the mean time.
Just awesome.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

My quad core,4gb ram,9600gt would do a much better job now.Hence why i wonder if i should have waited.
Can never find the enthusiasm to play a game twice,no matter how good.Maybe because i'm always chasing the next must have game.
Oh,i did play Max payne 2 again during a lull and still found it excellent with all maxed out(no pun intended)
Hope the DVT continues to improve,as is my prolapsed disc.At least we can sit long enough for some game time now,(just don't overdo it)
Jeeez,we must be getting old.
Too old for games?......... No chance.

Like this post
citadel

Likes # 0

it looks like max payne with more fire.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

"it looks like max payne with more fire."

Agreed, im not that impressed by this game,
Its just another walk around in the dark solving puzzles and shooting stuff type game.

This concept has been done to death in games like Max payne and the tomb raider series,
Come on Game makers give us something ground breaking and new.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Well, saved Prophet, now I'm a helicopter pilot! A very bad one too....Keep getting shot down....Glad there is to be more, as I think I'm very near the end now level Ascension?

So July / August we should see the new FEAR, which will keep us going until Christmas, when (with any luck) the next Crysis installment will be released.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

"This concept has been done to death"
And you like Halo, Lol
The Halo trilogy are all standard FPS.The FPS theme has been done to death,and these are no different.Bioshock was a breath of fresh air,but is the exeption to the rule.COD 4 was great technically,but still another war based FPS.
At least Alone in the dark tries to be a bit different.
And i think it has succeeded.
Maybe because i like scary monsters. (O:!

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Yes i do like Halo, well actually im fanatical about it lol,
Yeah Halo is nothing ground breaking in its game play but the whole back story and the Halo universe is.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

thnx for the links, both look very good.
Loved all FEAR 'episodes' so thnx for the link to that one in particular!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad