We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Business Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Excel DCOUNT problem

Neill

Likes # 0

To help me collate my student's marking and passes I use DCOUNT to see if a date is after 1/1/08 and a number is greater than or equal to 24 which then returns a count if both criteria are satisfied.
=DCOUNT(AB4:AD50,AD4,AB58:AD59)
where AB4:AD50 is the data
AD4 is the heading label - Mark
AB58:AD59 the criteria >=01/01/08 >=24
Now this WORKS for 5 of the 7 modules the students take but doesn't work for two of the data ranges. This is driving me mad!! Why does it work perfectly elsewhere but not two columns? I've used Format Painter, redone the formula till I'm blue in the face without any luck.
Does anyone like an Excel problem to solve over Christmas? I can email the spreradsheet if you like!
Cheers

Neill

Like this post
Neill

Likes # 0

I have formatted the data, copied the formulas so the columns are identical (even the Trace Precedents looks identical) but still it refuses to work. So I have now resorted to copying the data from the columns that don't work into a column that does work and it works if you see what I mean.

I hate not knowing why though. Thanks for your help.

Like this post
nosharpe

Likes # 0

Are you using Dcount for a non-numeric cell

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features