We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Three Skypephone s2 SIM Transfer

chiffchaff

Likes # 0

This is probably an obscure question as the Skypephone seems to be an obscure phone. If anyone has one, though, I'd be very grateful for any screenshots or photos that could help answer my question:

Can you transfer sent text messages on a Skypephone s2 to the SIM card?

My Skypephone s2's screen cracked and I've upgraded to a newer smart phone. The Carphone Warehouse was unable to recover any data as their software doesn't recognise Three's, shall we say rather unique Skypephone. Using trial and error and what few screenshots are available online, I've been able to save all my contacts and received text messages to my SIM and transfer them to my new phone.

The only remaining data I'd like to save to the SIM are my sent text messages. Unfortunately despite plenty of fiddling I've not found a way to do this and my suspicion is that there is no command on the Skypephone s2 to save sent SMS to the SIM card. Or it's possible that there is a command to save all sent SMS to the SIM card in bulk, but I've not found any guidance on this.

If anyone has a Skypephone s2 floating around and could have a quick browse I'd really appreciate it. Remember my phone's screen is cracked and aside from one discoloured corner it's completely unusable, so screenshots or pathways as to which buttons to click when would be really helpful. My last resort is to buy a Skypephone s2 on eBay but if it's not even possible to do what I'm attempting I'd rather just say goodbye to my sent messages and throw the phone in the bin!

If we ever meet in person I'll bake you a cake in gratitude :P Thank you!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features