We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Data usage. What counts towards it?

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just got Samsung S3 mini on an Orange contract with one gig a month. Am I correct in thinking that anything I watch over my home wifi does not count. ie utube? What about over public wifi? Or does it only apply to 3g type data? Is it only d/loads? Thanks.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Think I have answered my own question by googling. Will resolve.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It is only 3G data. Download the Orange app and it will tell you how much you have used.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

You can monitor the usage of Data allowance on the S3 Mine is on Android version 4.1.2 on T-Mobile

Go to Settings (tap on cog or bottom left) Third down (on mine) is Data usage Tap in the box to turn Mobile Data on, if it was off Then you will get the option to Set mobile data limit Select what your limit is, and select at what level you would like a warning Then you can turn data off again if you so wish. You will also be able to see your usage, monthly usage etc, plus what apps have been using the data

If you are unsure as to whether you are using data allowance or your home wifi, then turn your Data off while you are at home, then you won't have a problem

Also, if I may, I suggest you visit this forum re Galaxy S3. Lots of valuable info available here and a lot of very knowledgeable folks re S3 (no offence intended to anyone) http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/

Hope this helps you

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

AroundAgain

Thanks.

Yes I have found those forums. I found that my usage was going up slightly for no apparent reason.

In settings>more settings>mobile networks>network mode there are three options.

Mine was set to auto which appears to mean that if no wifi available it will connect to G3.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features