We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transferring contacts to iPhone 5

Skinn

Likes # 0

Hi,I want to transfer the address book of an old phone to my iPhone 5. Can't use the SIM as it's a standard one. I've thought about sending each contact to the iPhone via sms in the form of a Vcard but is there a better way?

The contacts are on a Sony Ericcson k300i which I've borrowed to transfer my contacts to (via SIM back-up) as my other phone was even older.

Is there a way of synchronising between the two devices? If so could you possibly provide step-by-step instructions as I'm not tech savvy :">?

Otherwise what would be the quickest way to input multiple contact details?

Thanks in advance

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Like this post
tech-ultrasonic

Likes # 0

Use your PC as a bridge between the two. Apart from that, there is no other way to do it.

Like this post
alikhan

Likes # 0

hi, follow the steps below:

Step 1-Ensure that your Android phone is synced with your Gmail account. Step 2-On your iPhone;select Settings,Choose 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' Select 'Add Account' Finally, choose Microsoft Exchange. Step 3-On the next screen, enter your details into the following fields. Email and Password, Then select Next. Step 4 -On the next screen, enter your details into the following fields.

Email: this should be pre-populated with your Gmail email address
Server: m.google.com
Domain:leave this field empty
Username:
Password: this should be pre-populated with your Gmail password
Description: this should be pre-populated with your preferred label e.g. 'Gmail' Then select Next.

Step 5- Next,choose which aspects of your Gmail account you would like to sync with your iPhone by switching each On:

Mail
Contacts
Calendar

Finally select Save and press the home button.

Good Luck!

Like this post
purplepig

Likes # 0

im gonna try this too now thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings