We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kogan Phone

tezee

Likes # 0

Hi, Has anyone seen a test of the new Kogan phone? It seems like a great for the money but I would like to see a full technical review before I lay out the cash

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

There are dozens of similar phones around Click Here I bought this one and it does the job pretty well. I needed dual sim and android and did not want to pay for the Samsung Galaxy Note.

Like this post
eppingo

Likes # 0

I've bought one. It arrived more or less on time from Hong Kong but I didn't have to pay any extra charges. My expectations were low but I'm very impressed so far. The is a really good review on Techradar. It seems to be a slightly updated and kogan badged version of phones you can get off the web from China.

Both sim cards and a 32gb SD card work fine. It runs Android 4.0.4 which also works well. I like the 5 inch screen. Screen quality is similar to what you would have expected on a smartphone a couple of years ago, so not a galaxy note II. GPS seems to work OK. It can occasionally be a little slow if lots of apps are running but no worse than my iPhone. The camera is very poor though. Phone quality is much better than my iPhone so far.

I've loaded lots of my favourite apps and they all seem to work OK. I'll see what it is like in a couple of months but if you want a cheap dual sim contract free 5 inch smartphone you can't go wrong for £120.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Mobile phone help from Speakers Corner.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features