We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HTC Sensation: Mail Has Stopped Unexpectedly

Flopper

Likes # 0

I have several email accounts which go to my phone, ie, Exchange, Gmail, Hotmail but they have suddenly stopped working with the above message. Any suggestions?

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

Forgive me if I state the obvious but I find it best to start with the basics then work on from there.

First battery out wait 30 seconds battery back in - retest Can you surf the web ( this is checking data connection ) IF yes are you on WiFi or GPRs ( the mobile data network ) If unable to surf web then you have no data connection or the WiFi log on had failed or the mobile APN is messing - or mobile data is turned off - all things to check. ( If no data on wifi turn it off and try gprs and vice versa ) Go into your email account [menu] try refresh now If you have more than one email account it is unlikely that they would all stop at the same time If you have only one email address - delete and re add If all of the above fails then look for a software update for your handset

If you could tell us what you see on the top of the screen ( wifi symbol or GPRS symbol either G H E or 3G that would help. Also your mobile service provider and then we could look up the APN settings you need.

Like this post
Flopper

Likes # 0

I could surf the web before and can again. I did the battery thing as you suggested but no change. Settings wise both Wi-Fi and Mobile Network are switched on. The only icons I can see at the top are for the wi-fi, the battery, the clock and the current time. I am sure there is usually another icon but I can't really describe it but I think it was the GPRS icon.

Like this post
Flopper

Likes # 0

I reset the phone to factory default settings after backing up anything important and it now works as it should.

Like this post
jemyclarke

Likes # 0

How could this possible? HTC is one of the best brand who make smartphones in the world. I also used HTC smartphone and it was really great device. I should contact with your official website of HTC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer