We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsun Galaxy Ace memory full

Throbber

Likes # 0

My Sansung Galaxy Ace regularly gives me warning messages about internal memory being full. I have moved all moveable apps to SD card. Remaining apps have the "move to SD card" option greyed out. Anyone got a solution to this? Otherwise, I like the phone.

Like this post
harrysteve12

Likes # 0

I have not much knowledge about this Samsung model. But you will overcome by this problem just contact to Samsung helpline.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Take a look at this thread and in particular the link in my posting

Click Here

Like this post
Throbber

Likes # 0

Thanks bremner, but I have already moved all the apps that can be moved. The remaining ones cannot be either moved to SD card or deleted.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

There is therefore no solution other than to delete apps that cannot be moved.

Like this post
Kennethlang

Likes # 0

it is really a pity, maybe you can try to contact with Samsung customer service, or send it to the professional phone fixing shop.

Like this post
Throbber

Likes # 0

Thanks guys. Unfortunately all the remaining apps cannot be deleted, as this option is greyed out. I have contacted Samsung support, but they have given the same advice as bremner - move to card or delete or clear cache. I have done everything that the app manager will allow, but internal memory is still full. Still trying to get a solution from Samsung support, but not hopeful.

Like this post
v1technologies

Likes # 0

not more idea about smartphone but still i say that some amount of space required for application.

Like this post
eaglais

Likes # 0

Had this problem with my Acer. UK Support was polite but couldn't suggest an answer. Spoke to a colleague in the US. who suggested: Rooting the phone (screams of horror no doubt) Installing SDMaid from the Android Store (other apps do the same) Ran this and it cleared just under 45Mb. No doubt evil & unethical and probably also cruel to animals, but it worked

Like this post
Throbber

Likes # 0

Sansung support eventually suggested a factory reset. This seems to have worked. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Throbber did you try the link that I supplied in the same thread referred to by bremner? It worked for me and found me some valuable space. I did have to uninstall and reinstall some Apps before it worked properly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features