We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Alcatel One touch 991D - usb to laptop cant connect

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have an Alcatel 991D smart phone, I have had to download the driver from the alcatel website because the phone wont install it to my Windows vista laptop direct from the new phone. when I plug it in and open the Alcatel android programme that is now on the laptop, it comes up with the alcatel page on the laptop and says "launch android manager agent on handset" but its IMPOSSIBLE (for me) to find out how to do this on the handset?? even on the million page instruction download is there NO WHERE a proper explanation of how you "launch the android manager agent" from the handset!!! I am heartily SICK TO DEATH of this thing and wish I hadnt bought it now, I dont even use it with my 2 simcards, its a dual sim phone, but only use it for free wifi hotspots, as I have already had a problem connecting it on wifi to my home wireless router (this on the Tech forum - because its IMPOSSIBLE for me to discover the password that the router is using, despite following all the instructions and answers to that question on Tech forum, and spending literally hours and hours and days totally wasted with this thing!!!) So basically my question is: how do I "launch the android manager agent" on the handset? if I can get it to synch with my laptop I will at least be able to download my choice of ringtones to this phone - if I EVER get the the stage of using a simcard in it!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded