We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Smartphone slow connecting to the internet

snowy30

Likes # 0

Are all smartphones slow in connecting to the internet? I had a Samsung Glaxay Ace for Xmas, for a webpage of any sort to be fully completed downloading, it can be time consuming and slow. Is there any way I can speed up the process?

Thanks

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Use the Opera browser rather than the one supplied with the handset.

Like this post
jannaM

Likes # 0

I guess not all of them, maybe your location has something to do with your internet connection. Anyway, talk about smartphones in here, I read from an article that AT&T brings the Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone-tablet crossbreed to United States store shelves February 19. Tech media note that the 5.3-inch screen will make people reconsider the separation between the two popular device styles. Resource for this article: Samsung Galaxy Note phablet set for Feb. 19 US release with AT&T

Like this post
johnnydepp

Likes # 0

No they are not all slow. You don't actually say how you are connecting. Wifi, 3g, 2G? Which provider? If you are in an area where you only get a G, then opera mini will speed things up.

Like this post
snowy30

Likes # 0

Well originally only 2G was selected. I didn't realise unticking 2G and only have packet data ticked meant I would have 3G capability. I seem to find when I uses the phone downstairs in the living room, the speed only goes down to G........and I'm with Orange.

Like this post
amtradeuk

Likes # 0

Sometimes you will need a special configuration for the settings from your network operator also you can consider using a mobile signal booster this will improve 3G connectivity but you need one that is right for the 2100 MHz network.

Like this post
amtradeuk

Likes # 0

I forgot to add the link, Sometimes you will need a special configuration for the settings from your network operator also you can consider using a mobile signal booster this will improve 3G connectivity but you need one that is right for the 2100 MHz network.

Like this post
mfred90

Likes # 0

Sometime it happens but not all the time it shows. There may be cause of virus infected. delete your history of browser. Some time due to heavy application will slowdown your surfing speed.

Like this post
Carlinalvin

Likes # 0

Dear friend,

Present time many latest handset came out in the market. Like Samsung Galaxy S3 and S2, Nokia Lumis 900, Apple Iphone 4S 16Gb and BlackBerry Bold 9900 mobile phones. You can find more information about latest mobile handset for every product with best features and price. If you want to know about smart latest handset kindly visit this sites-

http://www.mobilemagnet.co.uk

http://www.emobileoffers.co.uk

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features