We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Android Defragger or Regclean wanted

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is there such a thing as a defragger or registry cleaner for an Android smartphone ?

Reason is, I've got 2.5GB free on my 4GB SD card and 16MB free internally, but the Rio update get so far then tells me that there's insufficient space to install.

Also, it sometimes hangs like it's got too much to think about - especially annoying whilst trying to dial or answer, but I do close down apps rather than keep them "minimised" (so to speak).

I've deleted some of the apps I installed (like spirit level and compass) to free up space, but it still comes up with the message.

Since then, I've installed updates for the other two Angry Birds games without problem, rebooted and still get the failure message.

LG GTS540, Android v1.6, Kernel version 2.6.29

Thanks in advance

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

I wonder if this was one of the failings of the earlier iterations of Android 1.6 , is there an update available to something in the 2.0 region (2.1 or 2.2 )for your device , it may help with your problem

Just did a quick check , it seems that the Optimus does have an Android 2.1 update available .

Ashley
Like this post  
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Thanks Ashrich. Very good information.

I'll double check for that update as there are a few models of Optimus (P990, E900, P500, E720 etc.).

On the "Insufficient Space" problem, I have sorted this now by going through the applications manually one by one and clearing the Cache and Data on each one. On doing this I found I'd lost all my screen personalisations, saved passwords, memos, call logs etc. Nothing serious though. DOH !!

However, contacts are still there as are any applications I didn't remove.

Thanks again

(I'll try mark this complete)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer