We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New mobile phone...

DANZIG

Likes # 0

After years of being Pay As You Go, I've decided to go on a contract.

I've been looking at the G2 Touch..

click here

...has anyone got one of these??

It looks pretty flashy but are there any issues with it?

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

My grandfather has it and he's taking a strong liking to it (he didn't have any time for his previous phone).

I've used it quite a lot too and had every intention to get one myself until Google released the Nexus One which I am now planning on getting instead.

The only issues I've had with his are a slight niggle when linking up to his car's Bluetooth system (Jaguar), and also the Wi-Fi wasn't very reliable at first, but seems to have resolved itself somewhat.

There's plenty of reviews on the internet of the phone if you look on Google. Just search for HTC Hero, rather than G2 as only T-Mobile name it that. The rest of the World calls it the Hero.

Like this post
DANZIG

Likes # 0

I've had a look for the HTC Hero - found some stuff on Youtube.

Looks good.

I'm going for that I think, £25 a month with unlimited internet! Nice

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and I'll move it now.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and it's the best phone I've ever used, bar none.

I've handled a G2, although I haven't used one, and I think I'll stick with my G1 for now - it does everything I want in a phone and then some.

Like this post
DANZIG

Likes # 0

Sorry for the wrong placement FE, thanks for the advice though, seems like a good brand of phone!

Like this post
DANZIG

Likes # 0

Got it now. Two issues though at the minute. I can't seem to get my Bluetooth headset to connect to it. Apart from that its great.

I'm using it now to send this.

Like this post
samnoble18

Likes # 0

Not sure if you have already purchased the G2 Touch, but HTC have recently released the new addition to the G2 family - the HTC HD Mini

click here

Has very similar features but apparently better software, applications and features.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

The HTC HD Mini is a Windows phone, not Android like the G2. It is therefore more of a successor to the HTC HD2.

There are 2 phones being released to replace the G2 (or Hero as it's more often called) - the HTC Legend click here, and the more powerful HTC Desire click here.

DANZIG has told us he has already purchased a G2 though.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Did you ever solve your issue with connecting to your bluetooth headset?

I found a firmware update for my Grandfather's several weeks ago and now the bluetooth is working flawlessly in his car click here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features