We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can you tell when you are calling other networks?

numskull

Likes # 0

Call cost me £12 yesterday because I did not realise calls to other networks were 40p per min. Is there a way of telling which network you are calling, other than asking the person you are calling?

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

Obviously not!

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

The short answer is that there is no way of knowing without asking. There was a time when different networks had different first 5 numbers. However, since people have been able to switch their old number to a new network, this isn't as easy as it once was.

You do need to bear in mind that when you do change network and keep your number, when it comes to calling the mobile from home, you get charged the rate for the network that originally issued the number. 3 network is the most expensive to call from a land line, and say for example you get a pac code and transfer to orange, when you call the mobile number from your home phone, you will get charged for ringing a 3 network number, not an orange number. It's a long time since I have seen a call charge chart for obvious reasons, but 3 is by far the most expensive network to call from a landline.

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. Gosh, a star has answered my question, that's made my day! Hope the singing career is going well, you deserved it.

Like this post
setecio

Likes # 0

Yea, it makes Orange PAYG 15pm all netowrks sound great value, which it is, and also gives 300 free texts when you top up by £10 per month.

As for call a mobile from home - use phonecheap 7ppm 08717727272 click here

Like this post
mymate

Likes # 0

click here Try that page .I have not used it for ages but it used to work ok

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer