We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MSN on mobile broadband

scoobysnacks

Likes # 0

I have recently bought a new laptop with the intention of purchasing mobile broadband for everyday web browsing and MSN use.

I am looking to purchace the t-mobile broadband, However, a friend advises me that you canot use MSN messenger with mobile boradband as it works on a differend bandwidth. Is this true??

Help much needed! Please advise...

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

If you can get on the Internet, you can use MSN Messenger.

Like this post
scoobysnacks

Likes # 0

It would appeat that my friend was correct. I have the T-mobile broadband which is working absolutely fine. I downloaded the current version of messenger (2008) and I could not sign in because an 'IP' connection could not be detected. Having spoke to a T-mobile technical advisor on the phone, I reinstalled an older version would he said would be compatable with the broadand service. Unfortunately it didn't work :-(
Apparently there is a problem with Windows Vista and the messenger service. He stated there was a way around it but couldn't advise me on this...

HELP!!!

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

Live Messenger works fine with my mobile broadband (3UK) in Vista, have you checked the firewall settings to see if it's being blocked.

Like this post
Mark_H

Likes # 0

untill you find a workaround you could use MSN's web based interface click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses