We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Mobile Phone Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LG (KU990) Viewty Mobile Phone

Ant two

Likes # 0

Does anyone know of any applications that I can download onto my recently aquired LG Viewty. I've tried talking to LG and although their menu system includes a section for applications, it seems they do not have any, they don't know anyone who does and cannot (or will not) tell me what may be compatible.

Like this post
superhoops

Likes # 0

The touchscreen and poor camera are just 2 of many complaints I have with the phone. If anyone is interested I can bore you with a long list!

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

I have to disagree with you on both counts the screen works perfectly and the camera is one of the best phone cameras Ive had, better than my previous SE cybershot. I guess its personal preference.

Like this post
mickeytwist

Likes # 0

you can generally ge downloads from online retailers - there are some lonked to on the downloads tab here for instance click here

Like this post
superhoops

Likes # 0

Personally I find my Viewty's touchscreen is often unresponsive, the camera produces very poor pictures for a 5mp, the camera on my nokia 6300 wich is 2mp produces far better pictures, and I wish I hadnt signed up for a long contract just to get a good deal on the minutes and texts.

Like this post
Ant two

Likes # 0

There was another response added to my thread on 6th feb by SANDEEPSINGH. I followed his link, never had a reply but have been inundated with spam ever since. It might be coincidence, but I never asked for his response to be removed, but it has gone.

If anyone is thinking of buying a Viewty phone, my opinion is that the phone is pretty good, does what LG claim, but don't expect any help from their customer support. Their "help" has ranged from giving false info to no info. What use is that?
I have now found that the KU990 will run java applications and you can find loads of free stuff at click here

Like this post
Ant two

Likes # 0

Thanks MCE2K5, they don't have what I want at the moment but I've registered with them for new developements.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

A few, click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites