We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Restore a Medion P.C running Vista to Factory settings

Chitterlow

Likes # 0

Having copied all my files and photos to an external HD I now wish to restore the machine to factory settings. I do not have a disk. Pressing F11 on bootup just takes me to the BIOS set up. I have also tried pressing F9, F10, and F12 but none take me to the screen where I am invited to choose a "restore to factory settings" option. I seem to remember that it is possible to access this screen via the command prompt but I don't know what command to type in. Can anybody help please?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

This Click here says F2..

Like this post
Chitterlow

Likes # 0

Thank you Lazarus the 2nd for your response. Unfortunately pressing F2 does not work, it only takes me to the "Windows Boot Manager and offers me two options. 1: to carry on booting to Windows Vista and 2: do do a diagnostic memory check. Referring back to my original post. Is there a way to access the screen I want through the Command prompt?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try holding down the alt key while tapping F10 at start up and see if that works.

Like this post
bobbylos

Likes # 0

There should be no problems other than the inconvenience of having to restore your iPhone to factory settings.

Except for one factor - contacts, calendar, notes, photos in the camera roll. You need to copy all of these to your computer or you will lose them. The easiest way is to sync these with apps on your computer such as MS Outlook or iCal and Address Book on a Mac. Photos are copied the same way you would with any digital camera.

The alternative is a 3rd party app that can copy files from an iPhone to your computer. iOS Data Recovery software is probably the best. It is not free, but has gotten positive reviews.

NOTE: I have no connection with the developers, and don't even own it.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

bobbylos, Idiot Spammer, That forgets to place links, But also posts to the wrong thread..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes