We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Drag and drop is losing photo files

TreezeVance

Likes # 0

Hi

when I have photo files to copy from my camera to my PC, I usually just open the folder on the camera and drag and drop the files I want onto the relevant folder on my PC. In the past this has worked, even if copying a few hundred at a time.

Now I find that if I chose some files and drag them over, only some of them will copy, unless I only move 4 or 5 at a time. So if I move say 25 over, maybe only 10 or so will actually copy over. As you can imagine, this is really annoying as I can't tell without laboriously searching, which opnes haven't copied over and the only way to do it is copy 5 at a time, which takes ages!

Any ideas how to fix this or what might be going on?

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

Can't explain why you're losing pics with drag-n-drop, perhaps your PC or storage device can't keep up with you. The more usual (and reliable) way of transferring files is letting Windows or an image manager import them, I would suggest you try that instead. Either from the Autorun popup that would normally appear when you plug your device in, or firing up your image manager of choice and manually starting the importing process. In addition, taking the memory card out and using a card reader might help - again, your camera's transfer speed might be a limiting factor.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer