We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No sound on windows vista home premium

angelali2012

Likes # 0

I have installed Windows Vista Home Premium some hours ago. After that, I installed my driver. However, I am not getting sound. So I did the following procedures:

1/ Checked if mute or not, but nothing was mute. 2/ Checked if volume is down, but volume was up. 3/ Checked if the jack has been plugged properly, again, everything was set properly. 4. I updated the driver, again, no sound. 5/ Tried Microsoft Fix It, again no problem detected. 6/ Went on device manager, no problem, the sound card is being detected correctly.

My motherboard is ASUS P5KPL-CM with onboard VIA sound card.

The back panels on my motherboard are, lime, black, pink, blue, black and violet in colors. I had Windows XP before, and I used the lime color one for my speaker cable. On Vista also I am doing the same. It should work, but why I am not having sound?

IM TIRED....HELP!

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Just a quick suggestion, try going into Device Manager and right-clicking on your sound card then disabling and re-enabling it. After that try re-booting your pc.

You could also try uninstalling and re-installing your sound card.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Sorry, just to clarify, I did of mean the driver for the sound card.

Like this post
angelali2012

Likes # 0

I did that, sound card is onboard, still no sound. the green bar is moving when i play music but no sound.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you checked that the soundcard is set as default by right clicking on the speaker icon on your taskbar?

Have you tried unplugging your speakers, re-booting and then plugging them back in forcing windows to recognise them?

Like this post
angelali2012

Likes # 0

Yes I did all that, so sad I cant upload screenshot here, but read this forum, I included the screenshot:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-on-windows-vista-home-premium-651694.html#post3777199

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You seem to have tried everything - can't view the screenshots as you have to be logged in to that forum.

There could be a problem with codecs - this will involve downloading a new audio driver rather than updating it.

Have you tried putting headphones into the relevant jack - is there any sound coming from there?

Do you have a CD with the operating system on? If so you could consider trying to do a repair installation as per this article.

Like this post
angelali2012

Likes # 0

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Sorry but the link isn't live on that page.

Like this post
LANDCRUISER

Likes # 0

i have same problem no sound tryed everything,tonight i looked at where it sits in task bar played with mute and sound loudness control and behold its working try this

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Is this your mobo? If so try the download tab and select the audio drivers. There are five. I'd select the last but one for XP and Vista. Worth a try.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features