We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help needed reinstalling Vista

Likes # 0

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could possibly help me. Ive brought my daughter a used PC but it has that much rubbish on it that to clean it all up ive decided to reinstall Windows Vista operating system. But when I go to format the hard drive after typing in the product key number it comes up with an error 0x80070570

Could anyone tell me where im going wrong or if theres something wrong with the hard drive thats stopping me from formatting it properly.

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Windows cannot install required files. ... Error code: 0x80070570

Usually means it cannot read the files from the DVD.

Have you had a look at resetting the laptop to factory condition?

1/ Start your PC

2/ If your PC has one operating system Tap the F8 key as your PC starts. If the Windows Logo appear you will need to start again

3/ If you have a dual boot system a Boot option menu will appear. Highlight the Windows operating system and Press the F8 key

4/ In both cases, if all has gone well, an Advanced options screen will now appear

• Startup repair - This automatically fixes problems that are preventing Windows from starting
  • System Restore - This will Restore Windows to an earlier point in time
  • Windows Complete PC Restore - This will completely restore your entire PC - programs, system settings and files - from a back up that you have previously created (Available in Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions only)
  • Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - This checks your computer's memory hardware for errors
  • Command Prompt - This opens a Command Window

Make and model of laptop?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites