We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Elusive flash files

Timperley

Likes # 0

I watch a lot of live soccer streamed on the web via p2p sites. I did a full McAfee scan the other day. Normally I run this in the background. Halfway through I checked the progress and as the files were wizzing by as they were scanned, I noticed such files as "Man. Utd. v Blackburn, Arsenal v Chelsea, Real Madird v Barcelona" and dozens more that I had watched over the months. These files appear to have been saved somewhere on my C:\ drive and must take up a lot of space. Problem is, I can't find where they are to delete them. IE9 temporary files folder is empty. Flash player service folder appears empty also (or won't open) Part of the path is displayed as:- C:\Users\TomGB\AppData\Local.........but this does not come up when I search in the Windows Vista search box. Any ideas out there?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Usually flash files are stored in Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.

Have you been into Flash Player Settings Manager to look at the amount of disk space you have given permission for Flash Player to store? Type in Flash Player Settings Manager - then go into Global Storage Settings Panel.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings