We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

which form of backup is more useful?

docjohn

Likes # 0

I take monthly copies of the files in my my Documents, Music and Pictures folders which I've changed/added anyway, copying onto a Seagate Freeagent external hard drive.

But I also have both Ease2Do and Diskwizard on my computer. For backup purposes, in case of a catastrophic computer failure in the future, is it better to do (1) monthly system backups using Ease2Do or (2) monthly image backups using Diskwizard?

(I presumably would overwrite the previous month's backup by deleting it first, otherwise the external disk would soon get full!)

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

I use a clickfree cab101 dongle with an external drive there about £50 from Amazon,doesn't save your programs or operating system (I use Acronis true image for that)just your data.You can set it to save various items or just let it do it's thing. i have over 43,500 music tracks (All legal)so you see i'd be gutted to loose them all,look up CAB101 i think you'll find it a good investment as all you do id plug it in and the onboard software looks for changes and only saves them,it might take a while on your first save but after that just plug in and it will do the rest.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses