We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

asus wifi lan adapter

gazzaboy20

Likes # 0

Hi all. I have an asus p5bmx/wifiap motherboard with vista on a desktop about 5 years old. Never used the wireless untill recently and was working fine until suddenly stopped working. Told me lan adapter was off. So how do i turn it on? the asus solo wizard seems to have been wiped as when i open the only asus program all the functions are unlit. Found and reloaded disc and still wont seem to help saying adapter is not installed ?? This was workin fine before. Tried restores etc aswell.An update needed maybe ?? ahh help.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you checked in Device Manager to see if the WiFi adapter is shown? Is there an Unknown Device shown? Does it have a warning yellow triangle?

Like this post
gazzaboy20

Likes # 0

yes nothing like that shown. there is the atheros li gigabit ethernet under network adapters. Its working ok apparently. Ist like software has been wiped for wireless setup.?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

In case you haven't got it, this is the link for the Wifi-AP Solo English User manual E2949 Click Here Scroll down to download the PDF and then look at section 2.2 Drivers and Utility Installation. It shows you what needs to be done to install the Solo WiFi.

If that doesn't help then take a look at Google suggestions

Like this post
gazzaboy20

Likes # 0

Well i just left it wired to the cable and just the other day it magically started searching for wireless networks again?? The Router had been switched off for about 6 hours before hand dont know if this had anything to do with it.The Asus applications are all available again to view etc. Strange ,daresay it will happpen again though!It was just a case of switching on the program but it wouldnt let me.

Like this post
gazzaboy20

Likes # 0

Well i just left it wired to the cable and just the other day it magically started searching for wireless networks again?? The Router had been switched off for about 6 hours before hand dont know if this had anything to do with it.The Asus applications are all available again to view etc. Strange ,daresay it will happpen again though!It was just a case of switching on the program but it wouldnt let me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer