We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with backing up to dvd

Ankermi

Likes # 0

Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista, C.Cleaner and AVG

I use this laptop purely for family history research and have always created back ups to a dvd. (I use Legacy family history software)

However I now find I can no longer back up or open existing files on the dvd.

Checking Explorer I now see that my F drive is duplicated, probably causing a confusion when trying to back up?

Can I delete one of these or will it delete the whole F drive. The number of files in each are the same.

Any advice please?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

before you delete go into device manager and disable one of the drives. If you can still use the drive then delete that one. If not enable and disable the other one.
That way you know which is the right one to delete.

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

Right Click on My Computer and then go to manage and then go for device manager from there you can disable one of the drives.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer