We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Lappy -Question re. HDD - WHY 2 listed??

AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Morning Chaps,
Well I've bit-that-bullet and purchased a Toshiba L300 1AQ,250GB-HDD 2Gb RAM which ***so far*** seems to be playing ball very well. One query I do have though, on my old Evesham lappy (and everything else I've seen with XP OS when you look at computer/HDD it shows just one - 'c' drive. I'm a little perplexed as to why, as it's sold as a 250GbHDD it's showing 2 drives (apart from the DVD)- Vista 'c' and Data 'e'. Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy
xx

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Of course I have. As a new Vista user though, and 6 years since I last purchased a Laptop, I was very surprised to see the split HDD.

I'm not complaining though.

I also have a 500Gb external HDD to store images/backups etc etc as well as the old Lappy and a desktop PC...

A

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

directed to tullie...

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Both my Toshiba laptops came with the hdd split in two, and very useful it is in my view.
As long as you don't mess with the recovery folder there should not be a problem.

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

it's a week old on Sunday..... so far, so good!! 8-D

xx

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

My comment wasent directed to you,as i stated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings