We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Vista Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Service Pack 1

The Brigadier

Likes # 0

Any truth in that Microsoft will be shipping Vista with a service pack to iron out any gremlins?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

To my way of thinking it wouldn't make much sense anyway. The whole idea of a public beta is that it gets the code out into a huge userbase, and enables users to feedback on any glitches that appear in their particular hardware/software environment. That in turn enables the development team to tweak the software prior to the RTM (Release to Manufacture) stage.

A service pack is something that comes along later, when the driver database can be expanded, and previously-undiscovered vulnerabilities patched.

Like this post
powerless1

Likes # 0

SP1 I hear; is coming when Longhorn Server ships and will bring Vista up to date with LH server.

Like this post
sunny staines

Likes # 0

pcplus mag reports expect first sp1 around july 2007

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I think that's a reasonable time-frame.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer