We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

connecting Humax PVR-9300T to Panasonic DMR-BWT735

joonam

Likes # 0

Hi. I am new to forums so I don't know if I am going about this the correct way. I would like to know how to connect the two boxes. I know the Panasonic has free view but I want view recordings on the Humax.

Cheers Joonam

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

There’s a Scart input, which allows you to hook up other AV gear – old VCRs for example – and record them onto Blu-ray or DVD. Theoretically the scart output from the Humax should connect to that.

The built-in disc drive can record onto BD-RE, BD-R (single and dual layer), DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-R DL and DVD-RW platters.

You can’t record directly onto a disc as everything goes on the hard disk first then has to be copied to disc afterwards. It gives you a chance to edit out bits you don’t want and label it all up properly before recording it to DVD.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Won't they connect using the HDMI connectors

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Are not those HDMI Connections out only.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Depends on how the product is designed. To get a HDMI "in" you got to connect it to a HDMI "out".

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

On both of the OP's products they are HDMI Outs. The only AV product you find at the moment to my knowledge with HDMI In's are AV Recievers.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Beta

Thanks for putting me straight on these items.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger