We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Plus Net Broadband possibly

Audio~~Chip
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am thinking of migrating from O2 before it changes over to Sky Broadband. Does anyone have PlusNet broadband and got any views on how there customer service is and any reliabilty issues.

Aslo are TalkTalk connected in anyway to PlusNet ?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

TT have nothing to do with Plusnet - Plusnet is linked to BT. Their call centre is in Yorkshire which some find easier to understand than India!

Don't have it myself, but seriously thinking of changing when fibre optics become available here. People I know who use Plusnet seem happy with the service (with one exception who had endless problems with email. He's gone back to BT despite me telling to just setup a gmail acct!).

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks onthelimit1

Will consider PlusNet then. Good to have a UK call centre!

Cheers Steven

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 1

Had Plusnet for a year . I had two ISPs at the time as one for business one for pleasure (wife). Now retired I gave up Plusnet as my allowance on Namesco was higher and I had been with them for about 7 years and found them to be excellent. (Unfortunately they are no longer taking new broadband customers).

The only thing to watch with Plusnet, when I used them, was that the daytime speeds were throttled unless you paid them an extra £5 as month. Look carefully at their current speed offerings as I am no longer current with them.

Like this post  
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks alanrwood

Good advice there! will look into that Throttled speed

Like this post
The Teacher

Likes # 1

I changed from Sky Broadband to Plusnet and haven't had a single problem with it. Customer service is excellent and they will always try to help you. Go for it.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Which? have recently done a review of ISPs and Plusnet came out joint top. I have been with them for over 5 years and no problems. Current download speed on fibre optic is 94Mbps

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Not bad when their advertised max download speed is 76Mb/s.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Not bad when their advertised max download speed is 76Mb/s.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Sorry doul reply. Forum very slow agauin this morning. It appeared to just hang

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more