We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pull main emails to email client but send from gmail account - how?

Garawa

Likes # 0

At various times over the last few months I have hunted for this answer but have given up for the vast numbers of similar issues out there. The answer to this question is NOT to do everything from gmail like most of the answers I have found!

I have never been able to send mail on my Android. When connected to the wi-fi it is ok because my ISP accepts it but it fails when out of the house. I currently receive my main emails using IMAP with Outlook being the main client. As I don't use gmail all that often, mail is forwarded from the account to my main account so it only leaves me with the sending when out of the house issue.

I have been given an outgoing address by my ISP but it doesn't work. I have tried using gmail's smtp server with a view that if anyone responds it should be forwarded to my main account but of the settings I have found, my phone says that it fails.

There must be people out there that receive "normal" mail on their phones and send using the gmail accounts? If so, what settings should I be using because nothing seems to work so far!

Like this post
Garawa

Likes # 0

Nobody use the email client on their Android?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback