We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iTunes problem to sync music

Noldi

Likes # 0

Just got a iPhone 4 but when I sync this to my iTunes it will sync photos but the music is shown on the phone in iTunes with a dashed circle instead of a tick box next to it? The music also does not show up in the music folder on the phone. On first connection with my laptop I registered the phone. My thoughts are that I already have my iPad sync but thought you could connect 2 devices to iTunes maybe it is possible to check what devices are registered on my iTunes account maybe a device I don’t know about. The dashed circle symbol does not come up on any iTunes symbol lists.

Any help would be appreciated

Noldi

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You can have as many ipod/iphone devices as you like so long as they have different names.

The dashed circle means the sync was unsuccessful and is most often seen when there is insufficient space on the device for all the music you have tried to sync.

With the phone connected click the symbol for it in iTunes on the computer and from the tabs click music. You probably have "sync all music" selected. You will need to change to sync those selected

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

Thank you I did wonder about that but when you Sync the bar at the bottom of iTunes is saying 4.33 GB free ? tried removing the device and reinstalling it, also just tried a single song and that is the same ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?