We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost BBC channels on freeview

Bootros

Likes # 0

Hi, I've just came back from a 4 months deployment and I've lost all the BBC channels on my TV, which has a build-in freeview. All the other channels work fine. I've tried re-tuning it multiple times, and also reset it to factory settings. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Dunc

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Do a factory reset if you can find one on your TV menu. Then try a retune.

Like this post
Bootros

Likes # 0

I've tried that already Alan, and its makes no difference.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Aerial damage (including downlead)?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Could it be the 4G glitch? that causes loss of freeview channels. Do a google search for: 4G Lost BBC channels on freeview

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Good suggestion by lotvic although the level of predicted interference has turned out to be much lower than expected.

If it is just the BBC channels which have been lost it is almost certainly a signal level problem as the BBC channels are all transmitted on the same Mux (Multiplex. Usually this gives BBC a better signal as they multiplex fewer channels on that Mux. If possible I would ask a neighbour who has no problems with BBC if you could test your tuning on their aerial. If still no joy then it is possible that the tuner in the TV has become insensitive and will need repair.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 2

One trick is to do an auto tune with the aerial disconnected. This clears the memory (I know a Factory Reset should but sometimes it doesn't!). Start the Auto Tune and at the same moment pull the aerial lead (otherwise the TV may refuse to tune if no antenna is connected).

Or you could look up the MUX's used for your local transmitter and manually tune only those (which would be my favoured route).

Try http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php for help with MUX info.

Like this post
TV-Repairman

Likes # 0

Checking with a neighbour is good advice. Also read this page: Problems with Freeview?

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi TV-Repairman

The link is not working.

Like this post
TV-Repairman

Likes # 0

Sorry, this forum uses a weird link system! Let me try again. Freeview Problems?

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Yes it does. I have had problems in the past. It is usually better to type the url manually I find.

Got it now, trhanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more