We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will a TalkTalk sim card work in Vodafone g300?

grumpy-git

Likes # 0

The G300 is not unlocked & I was wondering if a TalkTalk sim would work in it without unlocking the mobile - as TalkTalk uses the Vodafone .

I can probably get the unlock code for free in a few weeks, as it is nearly 12 months old, but was just hoping it would work without unlocking.

Like this post
grumpy-git

Likes # 0

Sorry, meant to say TalkTalk uses Vodafone network. (Couldn't edit original post)

Like this post
grumpy-git

Likes # 0

After 3 days no answer, so I take it nobody knows!

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

If its a contract phone i would say no,never had a contract phone that you can put another providers sim card in without been unlocked

Try it? get a free payg sim and put it in the phone

Like this post
grumpy-git

Likes # 0

It had a payg Vodafone sim but I soon replaced it with a 12 month Vodafone sim. I've never messed with phones much so don't know what "damage" I might cause by changing sims.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

When you put the payg sim in you will know if the phone will work with another provider because it will allow you to set the phone up,if it doesnt work then its locked to that network If its contract it will be locked If its payg and you bought the phone from cpwarehouse as far as im aware theyre all unlocked If its a payg phone you purchased from vodafone,02,tmobile,orange they are locked

Like this post
grumpy-git

Likes # 0

Thanks for that mart7, will let you know how I get on with it in a week or so.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite